Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Paloma Faith ‘not cool enough’ to sing Bond theme

Paloma Faith picks up her first ever Brit award.
Paloma Faith says she has “messed up” the opportunity to sing the next James Bond theme tune. Speaking at a march to mark International Women’s Day, she told reporters that she was being punished for openly admitting she wanted the gig.
“In the industry that I’m in, if you ask for something or you seem like you want something you don’t get it,” she said. “You’re supposed to pretend that you’re really cool as a cucumber and stuff just comes to you, but I’m not really that type of person. But now I’ve messed it for myself because I’ve told everyone that I would like to do it.”
The 33-year-old singer songwriter has made no secret in the past about her dream to follow in the footsteps of Adele, Shirley Bassey and Tina Turner by singing a Bond theme. Spectre, the latest movie in the 007 series, is due to open worldwide on 6 November, although the artist performing the theme tune has yet to be announced. Rumours suggest it could be Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran or Lana Del Rey.
Faith also found time at the march to talk about her mother’s influence on her feminist beliefs. She said: “My mum was a child of the 60s and was one of the people who burned their bra and made a pact to herself never to be oppressed by a man in her life, and so wasn’t. She has brought me up with those beliefs, so this is way more important to her than anything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment